about to order pool

Hfd499

Jul 2, 2016
Garnerville NY
I'm looking to build a 16x32 freeform vinyl pool.

hayward cartridge filter 425 should i upgrade to a 525 ?

1.5hp hayward super pump, polaris booster pump .75hp, polaris 280 cleaner, hayward color led light, 44 bags of vermiculite, pool alarm.

All of this equipment will cost 10,300.00.

Not included in this price is concrete, electrical(my friend is an electrician),pipe , and valves all of which i will provide when it is needed. I will also be doing the digging.

Pool builders labor cost 7,700.00.

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated. Also if i missed anything that might be needed please advise trying to avoid any surprises.

Welcome to TFP :)

I know it sounds like a lot of money.. can you get 3 quotes so you can make sure you're getting a good deal.. I could only find 1 installer and he stood me up for 2 months before I dropped him...

You have some nice equipment going in :)

Most everyone is going away from the pressure side cleaners and going robots, they make life much easier :)

Alright it's quickly becoming a reality. Town gave me permit yesterday, and pool has been ordered should be in in about 2 weeks. In the mean time have to relocate my gas service. Any advice on heat pumps right now I'm considering a rheem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
d84daac96fd1282ec04c012ed61cd9d1.jpg

8 feet and it can be a diving pool! Kids LOVE to dive down and get things and it is just fun!

BUT a sports pool 5.5'x4x5.5' is fun due to volley ball and such.

3 1/2 feet may be a little shallow. Hold up a tape measure to your self and wife and see where it hits. My above ground pool is about 4.5 feet deep and is just right for us.

Think about how you want to really use the pool now and in the future. If you get the diving pool you can put benches all around it for hanging out. Best of both worlds!

:kim:

Gas line will be relocated Monday dig will begin on Tuesday, any recommendations on pool depth will 3 1/2 to 8 be to much or should I stick with a 6' deep end

I would have 4' for shallow end and personally I'd stick with a 6' deep end. Unless...you want people diving. But then you have other considerations such as slope to the deep end and even though 32 feet seems like long run with diving it's not that long so you have a big slope to reach the 8' depth. Even the 16' wide only leaves you good for a straight on dive. I didn't want people diving so it was an easy decision for me. I would highly recommend putting a bench in the deep end, you will get much more use out of that end. I'm in Tappan, so pretty close to you. Make sure you get the electrical inspected, it's for your safety. If your friend isn't licensed really double check his/her work. I know a lot of people work under an electrician's license but they themselves are not licensed (and may not know the ins and outs of pools).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.