about to order pool

I'm not to sure about fake grass. I really wish I can find someone that can do some sort of computer design to get an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have fake but I went with sod and it took really well. Here is a pic so you could get an idea. Finishing our 1st season with the grass and we LOVE it! For the sod on the 3 side of the pool was about $500 so it's a lot cheaper to try grass if you think you'll like it and add hardscape later than to dig up pavers or something else. Artificial turf isn't cheap but at least this gives you an idea on the look. For $500 you could do sod to test it for a year and then do artificial if you do like it.

26903159756_ff9faf6812_b.jpg

Go to Pool Math (see my siggy) to find out how much CYA/Stabilizer your size pool needs. Buy it and read the extended test (on the left side bar on the home page) to see how to add it (do NOT follow the directions on the bottle!).

Oh wait FIRST order the test kit LOL

Add 1/2 jug of bleach (plain, unscented, NOT easy pour) to your pool each night and let the pump run for about 30 mins to mix it in good.

Once you get your test kit gets in let us know and we will go from there.

:kim:

Thanks for the feedback. Well on to the next problem appears the pool is loosing water. So far pb has marked it with tape and it is obviously loosing water he says it could be anywhere most likely light or steps. His plan is to let it run till pool stops losing water and determine from that point. Any ideas or suggestions?

Cross you fingers it stops leaking when it gets below the highest thing. I have a sad for you :(

IF you want to TRY you can do a dye test. Do a search for dye leak test. You will find many. Try it and see if you can tell where it is.

I would ask the PB to pay for your water AND all chemicals to re-balance it when the leak is fixed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You will probably have several people share thoughts on landscaping. If you can provide a basic top-down drawing that shows the property boundaries, house windows/steps/doors, pool, decking, pool furniture locations, expected other activities, views you want blocked, direction North faces, your gardening style (cottage garden, formal, tropical, etc.), extent of effort in maintaining the landscape you desire, how many kids and what ages, and anything else you think may be helpful, then I'd be glad to offer some suggestions. My above request is why my DW just lets me do the garden design. She would say I want this plant - well, there's a little more to it than that if you want it to "work" properly in a given space for many years to come.

You will probably have several people share thoughts on landscaping. If you can provide a basic top-down drawing that shows the property boundaries, house windows/steps/doors, pool, decking, pool furniture locations, expected other activities, views you want blocked, direction North faces, your gardening style (cottage garden, formal, tropical, etc.), extent of effort in maintaining the landscape you desire, how many kids and what ages, and anything else you think may be helpful, then I'd be glad to offer some suggestions. My above request is why my DW just lets me do the garden design. She would say I want this plant - well, there's a little more to it than that if you want it to "work" properly in a given space for many years to come.

Hi thanks for the follow up I have 2 girls 9 and 5. We would like to include a fire pit and possibly some beds to break up the hardscaping. The pool is actually 20' off from that back fence had to move it.

Pool Landscape Design by Snowman 10, on Flickr

I put down a few thoughts on bed layout leaving plenty of room (with bumpouts) for furniture. I included very specific names of plants as examples of what might be good suggestions. Other varieties of the same species may be drastically different and not suitable. I'd be interested in screening off that bay window of the neighbors (in time - it will take a few years). I included the narrow upright blue spruce in the corner to provide some height a grounding point for that corner, not so much as a screen, though it does block views near that corner where the side fence is low. Others are plants I like and are low maintenance and bloom really well during a pool season. The liriope is a nice edging plant that softens the edge of decking. Drift roses grow low (under 2') so will not block the windows. Shenandoah switch grass is a reasonable sized grass that has a striking burgundy color to it. I'm presuming the remaining areas will all be decking because you will want a lot. I'm not proposing any deciduous trees of any sort inside the fence (or anywhere near it outside for that matter). Leaves and shade are not good for northern pools. I'd also be tempted to plant something in the soil on the back side of the block retaining wall that could be trained to fall down over the wall - but I don't have a good plant suggestion for that design idea.

There are a million ways you could design/plant your area. I'd be surprised if you use any of my ideas directly, but they may provide some inspiration for an area or two, or perhaps for a plant selection.

That tree on the corner will be dead in three years if you don't aerate/amend the root zone soil you are compacting by running equipment back and forth. In my area, you can't even start construction until all trees in the area have protection zones fenced off to keep this from happening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.