Hello All

Hi everyone!

I just purchased a house at the end of February that has an inground pool. I grew up with a pool so I am semi familiar with pool upkeep. I found these forums by a link from www.thepoolforum.com.

According to my neighbor the pool was installed about 30 years ago. It is a free form pool shaped to match my property line done by Anthony & Sylvan. I purchased the house as a pre-foreclosure. I got a great deal on the purchase price, but I am finding out the hard way the lack of caring on the old owners part. I was told from the old owner the pool was in good shape but the filter needed to be replaced. Once the show melted I saw the mess he left behind. The pool was drained & uncovered all winter so it stood with 3 feet of swampy water in the deep end. I realized I should not trust a word he said.

I spent early spring draining, shoveling leaves, and cleaning the pool. I just replaced the filter which looks to be original and the pump which was 7 years old (motor seized) with a Hayward Pro Grid D.E. Filter (48 Sq. Ft) and a Hayward Super Pump 1.5 HP. My official opening was this past weekend for Memorial day. I am working on getting my levels squared away. Water is crystal clear and a cool but refreshing 72 degrees.

I am sure I will have tons of questions this year so I wanted to introduce myself.

Welcome to TFP!!

I went to high school (Hill) in Pottstown and have many fond memories of Philly :-D

Glad everything's going well, now that you've cleaned out the pool and replaced the pump and filter 8)

I know the pump and filter you have inside and out so, if they ever give you issues, I'll be happy to help tell you exactly what needs be done :)

Welcome! A newb myself to this site but not to pool care I can honestly state there is no better place. Learned so much unlearning what I THOUGHT I knew!

A fellow Philadelphian! :goodjob: I'm transplanted out here in the middle of a cultural wasteland...any chance I can talk you into being my supplier of Tastykakes?

:-D