Rabbits in Pool - Help!

May 27, 2009
First time pool owner and recently moved into an area that apparently has lots of wildlife. Have found two baby rabbits dead in the pool (one in the skimmer basket) and thankfully my wife saw neither. She's a big animal lover and it would break her heart to see this. I've buried them in the backyard but would like to know if anyone here has any idea's what to do (short of getting an $800 cover for it) to keep the critters out of there? I don't mind the ocassional frogs and other things I have to scoop out but the baby rabbits are very distrubing.

Thanks All!

Just went to the website to order this. Good call and thanks for the great suggestion! Can't say I am crazy about bolting something down to the ground but it will be worth it if these guys can find their way out of the pool and not drown anymore.

Thanks again!

D

have you thought about putting up a baby gate/fence? I've never seen a baby rabbit in the water, would they be able to find or get to a ramp? a baby fence may add value to your pool also. it is a lot more expensive of course.

I did think it might be an issue for the them to get to the ramp given the pool is pretty large (28K) but I can't imagine a fence large enough to enclose the pool either. That might be a tad bit overkill for me. I guess I could look into it and it is a good idea.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.