Chlorine level dropped to nothing in 2 days

Jun 28, 2015
Michigan
Wth my Intex 18x48 2 days ago my chlorine level was perfect, today I tested and it was really low to the point of not registereing on my test kit. Will a clear solar cover cause this to lower that quickly ???? My PH is fine.

Stabilizer a must have, as for the the test kit it's just a cheap one not anything fancy. I always thought that if you had a SWG you didn't need all the extra stuff

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to put my system in boost mode and see I if I can get the chlorine back up

Stabilizer a must have, as for the the test kit it's just a cheap one not anything fancy. I always thought that if you had a SWG you didn't need all the extra stuff

- - - Updated - - -I'm going to put my system in boost mode and see I if I can get the chlorine back up

Welcome to TFP

Actually with a SWG you'd want to keep stabilizer (CYA) a little higher than with a non SWG pool as the CYA is sort of sunscreen for the chlorine and the SWG generates chlorine slowly.

It also helps us if you update your signature with your pool info :)

There is a lot of extra stuff that pool stores promote that we don't recommend as they are either unecessary or create further problems- needless to say they are also usually expensive. But there are still some things that are needed chlorine, stabiliser and acid are usually the 3 staples.

You might want to consider ordering one of the recommended test kits while it might seem a little expensive to start with it will save you heaps in the end and keep you out of the pool store.

Also have a read of this Pool School- Recommended Chemicals

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.