Why does the test tube get cloudy?

Jul 6, 2016
Vineyard Haven
Hey ALL
So I over see a pool at a YMCA. Where we test the pool at least 4 times a day. However after only a month of use the tube that comes in the testing kit gets cloudy.(I am talking about the walls of the actual tube, not the water). It is a Taylor kit K2006C.
Is there something that I can do to prevent this?
Thanks!

Its cause those reagents are real, live chemicals. For example the CYA reagent is melamine. Isn't that like plastic??? I dunno...?

I've used vinegar or muriatic acid before to clean them out. Most days now I always grab a paper towel with the test kit and wipe them out before storing again. It helps.

I only use the MA when I'm also putting it into the pool so I just pour a skosh in and let it sit then add it to the pool with the rest.

Duuhnese

Ditto what YippeeSkippy said about the paper towel mention. I read that tip on this forum a while back and since I've been wiping out the inside of the vial with a paper towel (after rinsing with tap water after testing), I haven't needed to do a Bleach or MA soak to clear the film inside the vial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.