Autopilot install

May 25, 2009
I had recently purchased an Autopilot DIG-48 and now I'm getting ready for the install. The control box looks waterproof so I'll mount it on the siding next to the pump. The cell will be mounted on the discharge of the Hayward sand filter (S244T) so I'll have to make a trip to Home Depot and Lowes for some PVC fittings. Any tips would be appreciated to make this as effortless as possible.

The pool is a 1980 Sylvan gunite pool, lazy L configuration, 25,000 gal, Hayward 244T sand filter, Hayward 1HP Super II pump, 2 bottom drains connected through the 2 skimmers, 11/2 PVC plumbing controlled by Jandy neverlube valves. I'll try to post a picture of the pad later today.

The install is fairly straightforward. The only real challenge for someone with even a little plumbing and electrical experience is to leave enough play in the pipes so you can get the final PVC joint together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.