Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot install

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot install

I had recently purchased an Autopilot DIG-48 and now I'm getting ready for the install. The control box looks waterproof so I'll mount it on the siding next to the pump. The cell will be mounted on the discharge of the Hayward sand filter (S244T) so I'll have to make a trip to Home Depot and Lowes for some PVC fittings. Any tips would be appreciated to make this as effortless as possible.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot install

More information about your equipment would help. Spa, heater, water features, plumbing. A picture of your equipment pad would also be a good idea.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

The pool is a 1980 Sylvan gunite pool, lazy L configuration, 25,000 gal, Hayward 244T sand filter, Hayward 1HP Super II pump, 2 bottom drains connected through the 2 skimmers, 11/2 PVC plumbing controlled by Jandy neverlube valves. I'll try to post a picture of the pad later today.

4. Back To Top    #4

The install is fairly straightforward. The only real challenge for someone with even a little plumbing and electrical experience is to leave enough play in the pipes so you can get the final PVC joint together.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I took a picture of the pump and filter to make things a little easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images