Testing... Sensors for computer?

Lershac

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Does anyone know of sensors for the different levels to be measured that can be installed at the equipment pad so I can hook them up to a computer system for long term tracking? I would like to track as many levels as I can.

Continuous electronic testing of the different chemical levels is problematic. FC, PH and temperature testing are the only ones you can get that actual work reliably. However, FC testing is $2,500+, and most people aren't willing to spend that much. PH testing also has some quirks, and really requires the more expensive test probes, around $200+, to be reliable. Temperature measurement is easy by comparison.

Last year I was looking at using an Orb sensor to measure chlorine. This is suppoed to measure sanitizer in the water, which would correlate to free Cl, but it would not be an exact measure of free CL.

I don't have a couple K for a free CL probe.

I decided to just stay with the manual method, but it seems like it could be done.

But, one thing I found out while I was looking into these things is that they are like special batteries, but their voltage changes depending on the ph or sanitizer levels in the water. That means, like batteries, they have a limited life, I think a year or two.

Gets pretty expensive when you factor that in.

To do this, you would need to install a sensor or two in the pipes of your system, connect the sensor to a buffer circuit, connect that to a A to D converter, connected to a PC somewhere.

Randy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.