Pump making unusual noise

That sound is tricky when trying to hear it through my computer. I can't tell if it's mechanical/physical or an electrical ticking. I'm hoping it's something physical like perhaps a twig or something got pulled-into your pump basket and is caught in there slapping around as the motor turns. With the power off, you might be able to look or feel inside where the water flows into the pump to see if anything got wrapped around the impeller area that spins. If you don't see anything there, it may be a part of the motor assembly (bearing or something) that is showing signs of wear by making that ticking noise. If the motor is still new, call Intex, they may do something for you under warranty. If it's an old pump, it may just be signs of wear letting you know a new pump may be needed soon.

That sound is tricky when trying to hear it through my computer. I can't tell if it's mechanical/physical or an electrical ticking. I'm hoping it's something physical like perhaps a twig or something got pulled-into your pump basket and is caught in there slapping around as the motor turns. With the power off, you might be able to look or feel inside where the water flows into the pump to see if anything got wrapped around the impeller area that spins. If you don't see anything there, it may be a part of the motor assembly (bearing or something) that is showing signs of wear by making that ticking noise. If the motor is still new, call Intex, they may do something for you under warranty. If it's an old pump, it may just be signs of wear letting you know a new pump may be needed soon.

Ended up taking it apart slightly more than planned, the noise seems to be coming from inside the motor.
fck.jpg
When i turn the end I can hear the squeak :(

Looks like a bit of corrosion around there, so I suppose it's possible it's also effecting the inside as well. Probably where the motor shaft, bearings, and such spin and rub against the surfaces. Not sure how much effort is worth your time with a pump like that going on 3 (short) seasons. You could try blowing some compressed air in there in case something is lodged (piece of rust/debris). Might get lucky?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.