Pool is Cloudy!!!

marianegs

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
NJ
My water is cloudy. I did an overnight test and it was fine, it only went down a .5. But my CH is low. Can that cause cloudiness? Any other suggestions? Everything else is great, except its cloudy!

Fc:6
Cc:0
Ph: 7.5
Ta: 100
Ch: 150
Cya: 35

We did have a lot of swimmers over the holiday weekend, not sure if they had sunscreen or not. Maybe that is it? The filter pressure is fine at 10%.

We clean the cartridge filter ever week. How often do you need to buy a new cartridge? This will be the second season with this cartridge.

Cartridges will last several years, 3 to 5 is the number I see most often, for the most part as long as there are no holes in the filter media you are fine you can even loose a band without much impact 2 might be pushing it. If you get a hole or start to notice the dirt is not evenly distributing over the filtering surface might be time to replace. If they start to get a bit dingy you can clean them with a TSP soak and dilute MA soak do a search for it you will find several results there are a few YouTube videos too.

If you are having to clean weekly your filter may be on the small side but as long as the chore is not bothering you, you can continue as your have been.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.