Just had water tested

I can't post t signature yet so I will give some info.
New Hampshire
21st 52 in deep round pool built 7/1/16
Cartridge filter
11188 gallons
Have a jumbo slo poke floatin in it
Used 1 gal liquid chlorine last evening.
Test results
FC= 3.18ppm
TC= 3.79 ppm
CC= 0.61 ppm
PH=7.7
Hardness=21ppm
Alkalinity=21ppm
CYA= 1ppm (low right?)
Copper= 0.1PPM
Iron = 0.1PPM
Phosphate = 1692 ppb

So I'm thinking of pulling out the puck and I'm guessing I will need to add stabilizer. This is before my pool is going to be in the sun today. Water is clear. Is this safe to swim in?

As you may be aware we don't trust pool store test results. For us to give a recommendation we trust you would need to post results from one of the recommended test kits. That being said if I were to believe those numbers then NO it is not safe to swim you need some CYA for the FC to bond to, 20 to 30 ppm for it to be safe.

We would prefer to do nothing than to make matters worse by following unreliable test results. We have seen many members create more problems or make matters worse when trying to use pool store test results or test strips. For example, w have seen pool store test results that say CYA is 0 or 50 or 100 and in reality it is 200 or 300. Yes, it is that bad. It is impossible for your CYA to be 1 if you are chlorinating with pucks, powder or granular "shock". Each of those products adds at least several PPM of CYA with each dose

I assure you that no contributing member to TFP would add chemicals to their pool based on test strips or pool store test results.

The only thing I would do to your pool is add 1/2 a jug of 8.25% bleach daily and brush.

It is safe to swim when
FC is above minimum and up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]
PH is between 7.2 and 7.8
and the water is clear

Without knowing your true CYA, neither. Add only straight chlorine bleach until your test kit arrives.

Lol. All my FC is gone (pool store, I know, but it's what I have for now) FC was .32 and CC was .27. My test strips ( I know still waiting on that kit) register nothing for FC. So do I still add a gallon liquid chlorine tonight for my 11000 gallon AG? Is it better to over chlorinate? Considering my CYA was 3ppm ( pool people) and on strip reading in range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol. All my FC is gone (pool store, I know, but it's what I have for now) FC was .32 and CC was .27. My test strips ( I know still waiting on that kit) register nothing for FC. So do I still add a gallon liquid chlorine tonight for my 11000 gallon AG? Is it better to over chlorinate? Considering my CYA was 3ppm ( pool people) and on strip reading in range.

Yes, see post #4 above. Add 1/2 a jug of bleach every day and brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.