Will CYA damage my vinyl liner?

I added some CYA to our skimmer and spilled a bunch that then gathered in the seams of the liner just under the skimmer. Before I could spread it around with a broom, it had already bleached the seams white. Doesn't appear to have damaged it, but I am worried over time it will.

My pool is a Splash Super Pool, and the material of the liner is incredibly durable and has withstood spills of muratic acid without springing leaks (although it did leave burn marks). I know CYA is a weak acid but was wondering if anybody else has experience with pooled up CYA on their vinyl floor or in seams. I would love to hear what the long term affects were on the liner.

If CYA is left to sit against a vinyl surface, it will fade the area, just like and acidic trichlor puck or dichlor will. If it happened just this once, not much damage if any at all was done to the liner. If it is done repeatedly or water itself is acidic, this will make the liner lose it's elasticity and become more brittle over time. I wouldn't be worried about this one time, short exposure to CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.