Gold Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
El Paso, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys I have a stain that I have had for years cant figure out what it is, or how to remove it. I have tried scrubbing and scrubbing also vitamin c.

Here is 2 pics! thanks
123dcf8f4eedf03710581f70177cba4b.jpg
2e385f81327374f8994906d5642ffa3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's dark in color (obviously) and/or rough, it may be scale from excess calcium. Can you post a full set of water test results?

You've already tried vitamin C, so now you can try a tri-chlor puck on the area to see if it's organic. As a last resort, there are some over-the-counter methods to ID a stain (i.e. Jack’s Magic Stain ID Kit – about $15) that can be used to help identify the cause of a stain.

If it's dark in color (obviously) and/or rough, it may be scale from excess calcium. Can you post a full set of water test results?

You've already tried vitamin C, so now you can try a tri-chlor puck on the area to see if it's organic. As a last resort, there are some over-the-counter methods to ID a stain (i.e. Jack’s Magic Stain ID Kit – about $15) that can be used to help identify the cause of a stain.

I did try a puck! No luck. Also...my calcium is just a tad bit high at 725! Lol, i am draining pool in a month or two. We had that stain when we draines 4 years ago, how can i get rid of it if it is calcium scale?

Dry acid in a sock. But, that isn't calcium scale. Try putting a Vit C tablet or two on there and leaving it until it dissolves.

So its not calcium? Its on sidewall how can i do that? I scraped some vitamin c and it stayed on for a few days then i scrubbed and nothing happened.

Oh, I see. It looked like it was on a step at first. That is a little trickier.

I don't think it is scale. You can get some dry acid, sodium bisulfate, and put it in a sock and rub it in the stain. Is it rough or raised texture?

Oh, I see. It looked like it was on a step at first. That is a little trickier.

I don't think it is scale. You can get some dry acid, sodium bisulfate, and put it in a sock and rub it in the stain. Is it rough or raised texture?

It almost seems embedded but maybe a tiny bit raised, i will really check tomorrow ans try that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.