Sand filter going, but lots of floating debris

Jun 29, 2016
Salina, KS
Hi folks. I'm new and learning top. I have a Coleman 18x48 steel frame above ground pool. Have a 2800 gph sand filter and salt water generator. I am going to order a t100 tomorrow for testing. I'm having a bit of an algae problem and added bleach 4 days ago and have been sweeping daily. I'm still getting mild algae formations on sides and bottom. There is also a LOT of floating debris and bugs in the water. My filter has been running overtime since bleaching and still lots of debris. My question is... is my sand filter working? I can't feel much suction on the intake valves but there is plenty of water coming back through my outflow valve. Is there something else I should be doing to get rid of the larger debris? (Yes, I use the net to get out what I can daily) Skimmer?

Help!
Kendell

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: While going through an all-out algae bloom, there's not much you can do until your TF-100 arrives. Just add about 1 gallon of regular bleach to the water each evening, sweep, and try to keep the water moving. Watch your filter psi as it may rise quickly. If you have to leave all day, consider placing the valve on recirculate until you can get back and watch it. But don't go crazy trying to solve anything until the kit arrives. Great to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.