Wanting to change out Summer Escapes return jet

chayne

Bronze Supporter
i am wanting to change out my summer escapes return jet. i was looking at the intex return jet. i dont see them for sale anywhere anymore. i know i will have to make the hole a bit bigger to accommodate a new jet. i was wanting one that i can move the eye around as needed. the one now i have to unscrew the whole assembly to get it to move. any recommendations?

I replaced ours with a Hayward return when we had our pro series pool. It did require a larger hole to fit but you are already prepared to cut it larger to replace it anyway. It is nicer in that it is more directional and can accommodate any accessories such as fountains or pressure cleaners where as the intex return won't. Bought it on Amazon for less than $20.

Yes you will need both of those to go that route. It uses standard 1.5" threaded pvc fittings. You will use this to connect a regular return hose to, tightened with a band clamp. Or you can use standard sch40 pvc and hard plumb if you are using a different pump and filter than the built in one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.