Another Intex Hard Line/plumb

Jun 25, 2016
Atascadero, CA
So I have read a BUNCH of threads on here and have gone into the links etc. The amount of information is quite overwhelming though! I am on my second year of this pool (details in sig) and we are having a great time with it. I have used the advice for testing and maintaining (thank you). My return lines started leaking this spring, I replaced them and cant get them to stop leaking. I suspect it is the way these strainer connectors just sort of push through the liner and then the hose just clamps on. I would like to be rid of the 1.25 push through units and replace with the 1.5 screw on units. I can't seem to find them and the part numbers although I know I read about them in a tread on here. I realize I will need to trim the liner for the larger units. Anyone have the info I need for these parts?

I am pretty sure once I obtain these I can go to my local HD/LOWES and get the rest of the stuff I need (ball valves/Tees/PVC etc).

TIA and let me know if I left some info you need off or need to try to explain better
Scott

Hey Philc, That is what I saw somewhere and I got lost! thank You. What "cover/screen" did you use for these? My stock ones screw onto mine (around the outside of the outlet) but don't appear they would work with this setup. It seems there is an internal thread for this style.

So I have read a BUNCH of threads on here and have gone into the links etc. The amount of information is quite overwhelming though! I am on my second year of this pool (details in sig) and we are having a great time with it. I have used the advice for testing and maintaining (thank you). My return lines started leaking this spring, I replaced them and cant get them to stop leaking. I suspect it is the way these strainer connectors just sort of push through the liner and then the hose just clamps on. I would like to be rid of the 1.25 push through units and replace with the 1.5 screw on units. I can't seem to find them and the part numbers although I know I read about them in a tread on here. I realize I will need to trim the liner for the larger units. Anyone have the info I need for these parts?

I am pretty sure once I obtain these I can go to my local HD/LOWES and get the rest of the stuff I need (ball valves/Tees/PVC etc).

TIA and let me know if I left some info you need off or need to try to explain better
Scott

Will you post pics of what you do? Pics and part numbers would be awesome!

I'm on my second year with an Intex, so am thinking this is the route I should go?

It's my first time with an AGP and the parts do seem pretty flimsy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.