eljonesen

In The Industry
May 26, 2009
:hammer: This pool is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I walked out and found that the pump was sucking air-I'm assuming. I turned it off and checked the o-rng for the strainer pot-relubed it. Checked the water line-two inches above bottom of skimmer. Also checked the strainer pot lid-perfect condition. I primed it and turned her on and after 30 sec water started to shoot out the air relief valve and the strainer pot was full and THEN! WHOOOSH-the water went back down the inlet pipe coming into the strainer pot. I then proceeded to use a drain flush thinking that might work-it didn't. I'm thinking it might be the main drain thts plugged with leaves or something. There are no leaks around the pipes. Each drain has its own ball valve. I appreciate everyne who gies me the time and energy for letting me pick their brain.

Thanks,

Eric

Welcome to TFP Eric!

A small air leak or clog in the suction lines is most likely the problem. It could also indicate an outlet problem. You might try running the system with the multiport on recirculate to narrow the problem down. Add some details about your pool to your signature to help us understand your system.

Hey guys-sorry it's taken me awhile-the wife works extras in the summertime beacuase I'ma teacher and take on the role of Mr. MOm in the summertime. There is now skimmer weir on the pool- but I know this might be a possibility. I slowly added CYA to the skimmer and it was on for mybe 4 hours. Ater doing some research-afterwards of cours-this was probably a bad thing to do. If this is the case-then how would I go bout breaking the possible clump.
I am eady for the lashing and have learned in future about how to add CYA to the pool.
Thanks for the help!

Eric

I slowly added CYA to the skimmer and it was on for mybe 4 hours. Ater doing some research-afterwards of cours-this was probably a bad thing to do. If this is the case-then how would I go bout breaking the possible clump.
I am eady for the lashing and have learned in future about how to add CYA to the pool.

Hi, Eric,

CYA added slowly to the skimmer is not a horrible thing. I have done so successfully for 5 years.

You must not backwash for a few days after you add the CYA because it sits in your filter and dissolves slowly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.