temporarily stopping in floor zone?

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I am having an in-floor system installed by my builder (I think it's a Q-360 system from Presidential Pools). It's the standard multi zone gear system, but what I'd like to do is remove the popups from the lagoon area so there are fountains in the lagoon. Easy enough, but how can I temporarily stop the system from rotating through zones? When I have a party, I'd like to be able to leave it in the same zone.Any thoughts? I haven't studied the gear system in detail yet.-J

If it's anything like my Paramount system, the multi-port cover may a switch that lets you stop it on any given zone.

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 4.47.33 PM.jpg

EDIT: I looked up the lid for the Q-360 and it looks like it may be a clear lid with no knobs so I'm not sure if you're able to pause the Q-360 or not.

The Q360 is manufactured by Blue Square - http://www.bluesquaremfg.com/q360-swimming-pool-infloor-cleaning-system/

I believe the floor fittings the pop-ups fit into are proprietary in that they are specific to the pop-up head design. You're not going to find a fountain to fit into them. And the water actuator valve doesn't appear to have a pause control either.

Your best bet to have fountains in the lagoon area would be to have the builder add them and plumb in a separate return line to control them. If you're having automation installed, the valve controlling the fountains could be added to automate or remotely control them too.

One additional note. I'd suggest having the main drain line and skimmer line connect through a 3-way Jandy valve prior to the leaf canister. Then the leaf canister outlet connected to the pump suction. This would not only allow fine tuning of the main drain and skimmer suction ratio, but BOTH the main drain and skimmer would feed into the leaf canister. One extra place to catch debris from either of them before water heads to pump.

On a side note: I used the same builder 17 years ago. At that time, they were using the A&A MagnaSweep system. No issues at all with the builder or the in-floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.