Help with Cl and pH please!

bjc123

Jun 30, 2016
Germantown, TN
I have a 44000 gallon non-SWG pool. I've been testing each day to ensure I have enough Cl in there. My TA is at 70 and my Cl is around 8 on average (CYA of 60). I'm finding that no matter how much muriatic acid that I add, I cannot get my pH below 7.8 for any length of time. I know 7.8 is fine, but it's at the top of the range and I would prefer 7.5-7.6 as a landing zone. I have one jet in the deep end that points up and aerates the water and I get normal swimming use. Plaster is a couple of years old, so that's not the source.

Any thoughts on pH control? Water is clear, but I think that is due to my daily monitoring of Cl levels.

Is there a reason you have the jet in the deep end aerating all the time? That will drive your pH upward more quickly.

I just moved in a couple of months ago and inherited the pool. That seems to be how it was designed. The other jets go straight out and the one in the deep end is angled up more towards the surface. I assume it's meant to aerate, but I'm just learning about all of this!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.