cost per sq/ft for paver install?

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I am going to be getting bids to add about 770 sq/ft total of travertine pavers to our project. About 450 sq/ft will be laid on top of existing flat concrete patio and the rest will be on installed in the yard that extends the patio up to the pool coping. I've priced the travertine at about $4.80 sq/ft for a cost of about $4k. Does anyone have any estimates on what I can expect for install on a project like this?Thanks!-J

My guy was slow, so it was under $10/ft for paver installation only and that included removing the excess soil to get the grade correct. I paid directly for the low-boy roll off dumpsters 3x$475 to haul off the dirt, and for the base and sand when they were dropped off (I worry about liens) so that was another $2k. The installer Included the cost of the coping and they had to re work the surface drains. I bought the pavers and coping myself and they were about $5/ft. There was about 1800 sf of paving.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm still negotiating with my PB for a new pool. He's quoting $23+ a sq ft for travertine pavers installed over sand. I know that the material retails for about $6.50 a sq ft including the crazy shipping prices from Travertine Mart.

French Pattern Tumbled Silver Travertine Pavers

He also wants $23 a sq ft. to install travertine TILE over an existing concrete back porch, which I think is a bit much.

I'm in Houston, TX - what have others experienced?

Reactions: CoachAlex
I paid $ 15.25 per square foot for white marble travertine. After seeing pavers being installed, I can see that this is back breaking work. All thoughts of doing it myself had fortunately vanished in time.

The preparation of the base is labor intensive. Moving the materials is labor intensive. Grading the area is skill and labor intensive. Cutting the pavers is skill, time and labor intensive.

I know I might have paid a few dollars more per square foot - but in my opinion, PB should be allowed to make a few shekels to warranty and co-ordinate the work. PB also lays the cash out upfront for the pavers and is responsible for all breakages, etc.

My cost per sq foot also included tying 5 downspouts and connecting them to an underground 4 inch pipe to the edge of the property. Included making travertine covers for the skimmers and autofill. Included removal of excess material and packaging materials ( kept a few tiles of all sizes as spare).

All things considered, if the final product end up looking great, its worth every penny. This was probably the best 16K I spent on the pool. It was also the only decision that my wife and I kept second guessing because of the cost. The entire look of our pool was enhanced with the pavers.

Reactions: Tpettit
Having a private pool with the paving stone material will give our home a smooth, elegant and modish look.
Recently my neighbor had remodeled their pool area by building up an amazing pathway of paving stones near their pool area by hiring the
best asphalt company on Long Island who had installed a colored stone paver which has created a beautiful atmosphere around their pool area. If you are asking about the cost per sq/ft for paver installation, so I will ask my neighbors about the whole installation cost and I will let you know about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.