Intex SWG GFCI tripping

Jun 15, 2016
NE Kansas
Hello,

I have the latest Intex SWG and noticed my pool getting cloud and noticed that the GFCI on the plug in won't reset or anything. It's brand new, i've not even had it for a month. I've tried different outlets and those don't work either. Any suggestions?

If you have a GFCI protected outlet available, cut the GFCI off of the Intex cord and replace it with a regular plug. Then plug it into your GFCI outlet.

I had to do this with mine, but for another reason. I use an external timer to run my pump and SWG, and it tripped the GFCI on the pump every time it turned it on.

I just put up a new Intex 16' x 48" pool with their SWG unit. My SWG GFI unit got wet when I was venting the filter canister next to SWG and it has quit working also. So I too, just cut it off and installed a regular male plug on the cord and swapped the receptacle out for a GFI type. They are supposed to be water proof, this showed me that they aren't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.