Jul 20, 2015
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

We are heading on vacation for 8 days and I'm trying to figure out how many tabs to leave in floaters. I've never used tabs, but the previous owner did and left us plenty.

Our current CYA is 50, which is honestly a little low for our direct sun, Texas heat. Our current FC demand is 3ppm without swimmers. If I'm doing math correctly, each tablet will give us 3.5 ppm FC, is that correct?

So if I raise to SLAM level, I can buy us 2 days of chlorine, but how many tablets? And what flow of the floaters? I'm thinking 6 tablets just to give us enough cover, but is that overkill?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3" tablets are ~ 8oz each of trichlor (assuming their not some multipurpose tablet). So you can load up a floater with as many tablets as it will hold that keeps you below the CYA target you want to be at. Every 10ppm of FC added by trichlor brings along with it 6ppm CYA. So figure out how much FC you get from one tablet and the CYA will limit how many you can add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.