When to buy a robot

Nursenini

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 22, 2015
Bixby, Ok
I know robots shouldn't be used the first 30 days after plaster is finished, but I was wondering if I HAVE to have my robot at that point or can I tough it out with the TFP method, daily brushing and vacuuming for a few weeks if I don't have the budget immediately for the robot?

If I understand your question correctly, you don't ever NEED a robot, or any automated cleaner for that matter. Good old fashion vacuuming works just less convenient. And personal opinion on brushing (especially gunite/plaster pools), there's no machine that takes the place of brushing by hand.

Thank you both for answering! I plan to buy a robot but just wondered if some type of mechanical cleaner was a necessity immediately. We 86'd the Polaris w/the booster pump in favor of getting a robot. I'm just trying to see if I can stretch not having it for more than the 30day break in period. Now I know I can! Thank you again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.