Replace filter

May 25, 2011
Bridgewater, NJ
Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with my pool all season and can't get it clear. I suspect that my filter is leaking and the cloudiness is a result of sand particles suspended in the water. A couple times I have add floc and everything settles on the bottom and the water is crystal clear. Subsequent vacumming just adds the cloudiness back. At the end of last season, I replaced the lateral and the pipe in the filter but it just doesn't seem to be doing the job. I'm not sure if there is any troubleshooting that I can do, or if it makes sense to just start fresh with a brand new filter. I am attaching pictures from a couple days ago after the last floc. Any advice/thougths would be most appreciated.

Throughout the season I have kept with the BBB method. I did have an algae outbreak or two but the BBB method has removed the green from the pool both times.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4865.jpg
    IMG_4865.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 11
I would encourage the following:
- SLAM (link below) Do not use any other products other than regular chlorine bleach to accomplish the SLAM.
- Do a deep clean of your filter as noted on the Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter page.
- Please post a full set of your test results.
- Confirm for us if you are using the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.