Need Help Attaching an Aerator to my In-Ground Pool - HELP!

Jun 21, 2016
Belleair Bluffs
I am a new pool owner and have an 8,000 gallon in-ground pool in Florida. We do not have a chiller and the temperature of the pool is climbing over 90 degrees these days, and we want to try to chill it - without the expense of a traditional chiller.

My wife and I found a few chiller products that connect to the returns and works like a sprinkler, aerating the water before it gets returned to the pool.
My two returns do not have an “eyeball” (nor do they have PVC pipes and threading). The pool is 40+ years old. I assume that when the pool was resurfaced in the past, they resurfaced with marcite right over the threads of the PVC – or it could be that the returns are not PVC at all, given the age of the home (1962). The return holes in the side of the pool are about 1/2" to 3/4" deep – before you get to what feels like a 1” pipe (does not feel like they have threads either). I have attached a picture of the return.

Is there anything that you can recommend so that I can attach a rain/chiller product (with a 1 ½” PVC thread) with the return holes in my pool?

Thanks,

Norm B.

Attachments

• Picture of Pool Return.jpg
    Picture of Pool Return.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 15
Not with returns like that for sure. Your best bet would be to have a spigot installed on the filter pumps discharge, if you don't have one there already, and run a hose to a yard sprinkler head locked to arch water back into the pool redneck style.

Or, as one of my customers have done, throw a pool party and have everyone bring a bag of ice!

GL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.