Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Basically we had to dig about 2.5 down on one side of the pool to get the pool base level. Which also creates a little bit of a drain issue when it rains like it did yesterday. Doesn't look like we had and dirt wash down between the pool and the ground but what dirt was around the bottom of the pool is now mud.

What I'm looking for are any ideas on how to get the water out of there so it doesn't turn to mud (or at least minimize it some).

Here are some pics. To the right of the ladder the ground has about 3" of cut and that gradually goes from 3" to 2.5'.

IMG_0275_zpsly6vbble.jpg

2aa5455a-b1dd-4834-9efe-cbad1c66e626_zpsvr7pnpgu.jpg

Only thing I can think of is to maybe put some gravel down, bury a sump pump at the lowest point and cover with additional gravel. Then, when it rains, pump out the excess water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That might be a good idea. I'll probably put in a drain tile and some gravel for the time being.

Luckily we didn't have any dirt wash down from the yard. We don't have any runoff from the yard in that area, what mud was around the pool is just from the rain coming down and collecting around the pool. There's probably about 6-10" inches of backfill at the base of the pool that can't be seen in the picture with the pool.

Whag about putting in a 4" flexible drainage pipe around the buried side and run it around to the non buried side the pool where it could drain out and run away and back till with crushed rock.

I think that's probably going to be what I'll need to do. I suppose I just lay the pipe about 6" away from the edge of the pool and put something on the pool wall to protect it from the crushed rock once it's added onto the pipe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.