Do I NEED a robotic cleaner, or do I WANT one?

Have you looked into the SolarBreeze NX? It's a solar powered pool surface skimmer. Works 23 hours a day using stored energy in the battery that's charged by the sun! I have one (actually I have two - one still in the box) and it works great!

ooooh, I have not heard of such an animal. Going to go look now....

I've read they work great but don't last very long before they die?!?

Just a data point on the Doheny Discovery. Arrived today and tried to set it up to go in the pool, but the power cord from the robot had a 2-prong male plug and the power supply unit had a 4-prong female receiver. I called CS, and they didn't know anything about the machine.

Said "there must be something wrong with it" so sending me a label to ship it back. They won't send a new one until they receive this one, and I have zero confidence that I won't get the same thing again.

So I'm just returning it and paying the premium to buy one locally from a dealer.

Bummed, though...

Sorry to hear this. I was just about to pull the trigger and order one tonight.

My robot had one cord from the robot to the control box (proprietary looking plug) and one cord from the control box that is plugged into your power supply (regular household type plug). Can you post up some photos?

I have had Hayward Navigators (suction robots) at both past/present homes and they worked well
(gotta make sure they are tuned and worn parts replaced or they're useless)
but it sure would be
nice to just lower one of those electric plug in ones and let it do it's business without getting
out the hoses.

I must say the Dolphin S 100 looks good for me, but it looks like it's unavailable and I don't
care for the fact they have invalid warranties if you buy them online. Ridiculous.

I have had Hayward Navigators (suction robots) at both past/present homes and they worked well
(gotta make sure they are tuned and worn parts replaced or they're useless)
but it sure would be
nice to just lower one of those electric plug in ones and let it do it's business without getting
out the hoses.

I had a suction robot with my previous pool and was going to get another for the new pool - probably the Hayward Navigator.
But also started thinking how nice not to have the hoses in the pool. But price and reliability are a factor. Doheny Discovery brought down the price but I question the reliability and customer service. Need to see more reviews.

Just a data point on the Doheny Discovery. Arrived today and tried to set it up to go in the pool, but the power cord from the robot had a 2-prong male plug and the power supply unit had a 4-prong female receiver. I called CS, and they didn't know anything about the machine.

Said "there must be something wrong with it" so sending me a label to ship it back. They won't send a new one until they receive this one, and I have zero confidence that I won't get the same thing again.

So I'm just returning it and paying the premium to buy one locally from a dealer.

Bummed, though...

So did it not work at all, or is your onlyz concern that it only has two prongs? Why not throw it in the water and pusgh the power button?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.