Seasonal/Temporary Pool - First Timer

Hello all,
This is my first post and I already know I'm not following the protocols by entering my detailed equipment information in the signature line :( but I'm hoping someone can advise me on this likely simple question. I am attempting to following the guidelines for a 'Seasonal/Temporary Pool' and it states that we only need the two way test kit (ph and fc), but then further on the instructions require that we know our CYA levels as well. How do I test the CYA level with only the two way test kit?
Thanks for your help.
Kris
(above ground 12' x 39" BestWay Steel Pro Frame (Canadian Tire) round vinyl pool with pump

Welcome to TFP!

You will know what your CYA level is because you just added it. So, if you add 30 ppm then that is what it is. There is no CYA in tap water.

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Good question. Along with what pooldv explained above, it may help to understand that CYA is not consumed. It stays in the water and doesn't wear off the way chlorine does.

Let us know if you have any other questions or would like us to walk you through anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.