Pool nearing completion, urgent plumbing advice/opinions needed.

May 23, 2016
Dix Hills, NY
Please chime in and provide opinions about my current settup. I hope I am not screwed.

22x44 rectangle pool with integral 6x6 non spillover spa next to a 15x7 tanning ledge. Pool will have black granite liner.

Equipment is shared and all pentair. Intelliflo pump, ic60 cell, cc520 filter, mastertemp 400HD heater, 2 pentair intellivalve actuators, easytouch 8 circuit automation w/2 intellibrights in pool and 1 intellibright in spa.

The main pool has 2 skimmers with 2" individual pvc lines tied together underground before they hit the pad. The pool has 2 main drains tied together together to a single 1.5" pvc. The skimmers/drain are headerd together and tied to jandy neverlube 3 way valve with the pentair actuator. The skimmers are 85 and 75 away from the pump with 3-45 elbows on each line. The main drain is about 80' with 3-45 elbows as well.

The spa has dual main drain tied together to a single 1.5" pvc line and plumbed to the other side of the jandy valve/pentair actuator. The spa main drains are about 25' away with 2-45 elbows.

The pool has 5 returns. 2 are located opposite the skimmers and 1 is in between. They are piped in parallel with 3 2" pvc lines tied together underground before the pad. The returns are 80, 70, 60 feet away. There are 2 returns piped together with 2" pvc for the tanning shelf and are tied together underground at the pad. Those returns are 20' away. there are 2 return pipes protruding and headerd to the return side of the other jandy/pentair valve

The spa has 4 returns. 4- 2" pvc pipes are headerd underground into 2 and then 1 single 2.5" pipe protrudes from the ground. The returns are an average of 25' away. It then is piped to the other side of the jandy/pentair combo.

In theory, when balanced and properly programed. will this work and be cost effective? The only thing that the builder did out of our specs was the 1.5" on the pool and spa drains. Im freaking out!!!!

We arefinishing the backfill and pouring the hard bottom this week so time is of the essence. Please help TFP experts.

I have a spillover spa as well with two main drains in pool and one main in spa. I would expect two in spa would be better. The line size is limiting factor and not really how many inlets you have. The question of balancing will take some time with adjusting your ball valves for each category. It took me about a week to get it the way I liked it and then 10 min every time someone goes rogue and messes with the valves without my knowledge . :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.