IC20 high salt flashing

FlpoolRob

Sep 4, 2013
My IC20 started flashing green indicating high salt. I tested it a few times and my salt level is approximately 3000ppm. I cleaned the cell and it still flashes. I've searched and can't seem to find any info on this. My CYA is 70, FC is 2-4ppm and PH 7.6.

When I turn on the cell the green light flashes rapidly (it used to alternate green and red but I'm wondering if the red LED died) for a few minutes and then changes to flashing slowly. Is there some other thing that could cause the sensor to read high salt? Do I need to call the pool builder and get it serviced?

Re: IC20 height salt flashing

What is the water temperature?

Do you have automation (EasyTouch or IntelliTouch)?

How are you testing for salinity?

How old is the cell?

Possibly a bad temperature sensor. The flow switch is a combination flow switch with a temperature sensor inside. If the temperature sensor is giving a lower than actual salt, that could do it.

Also, sometimes water gets under the control panel and shorts out the electronics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.