Probably a silly question...

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
I have been working on my conversion and my tf-100 test kit will be here on Thurs., so I can finish up. The water is really beautiful at this point but I know I will need to maintain my chlorine at shock level overnight to ensure it is complete. So, here is my question:

I work midnight shift, so it is not a problem for me to add and test before I go to work, my question would be, I don't get home in the mornings until 7:30 a.m., when the sun is already out. Is this to late to do my testing to see if the CL levels hold over night? or will I need to leave work early to get accurate readings? This forum has been the greatest help :-D

Is there anyone at home that can be trusted to take the sample? That would be my first question. My second one is, would your Boss let you blow and hour or so to test your pool water? :mrgreen: If so, you got one cool Boss. 8)

No, I don't really, my daughter can barely drag herself out of bed and get to school on time..lol...and My boss is really cool, she will be retiring next month and we hate to see her go, probably get a micro-manager in her place..lol..but I can flex my schedule a couple days a week if I need to, I just want to make sure I do this correctly. Or I guess I could just keep the levels up until the weekend, since I will be off anyways, this shouldn't hurt, should it?

At 7:30Am, there's a good chance the pool is not getting direct sun. While not perfect, I think that will tell you what you want.

Or, have someone scoop up a sample and take it inside (out of the sun) for you to test later. Don't wait several hours but test it just as soon as you get home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.