georgiadawg

Jul 15, 2014
Eastanollee GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I've slammed the pool. No OL on FC. Numbers are good. Cl is drifting down but the pool is still
Cloudy. No cc. I think the pump/filter is just simply not filtering it well enough. I vacuum it every day. Even running the pump 24/7 is not clearing it up. I don't know what else to do. I bought some filter media but I don't have a clue how much or how to add it. I've been changing the filter about every other day while I'm trying to get this cloudy to go away. Help.
Here are latest #s:
FC: 11
CC: 0
Cya: 70
TA: 70
Ph: 7.2
image.jpgimage.jpg

Happy 4th of July! You state "I've slammed the pool" the pool. Even though you have gone through the steps, you may not be finished. All 3 criteria must be met before you are completely finished. I do not know too much about Intex Pools, although you may have to run the filter a little longer than recommended and may not have adequate filtration/circulation. It is important to brush the walls daily while SLAMMING. Can you please give a description of your pool. How many skimmers, return jets, etc.

Please take a step back and think before the cloudy water what you were doing and how you were taking care of the pool and possibly how you got to this point. We will work to help you clear your pool.

Those cartridge filters that come with the intex type pools do not filter the very fine particles out very well.You could purchase a polishing bag to place on the return fitting for that extra filtering capacity.I have a slime bag, but I've seen threads that show that people here have found a chaper polishing alternative bag. The slime bag filters down to 1 micron & clears my intex pool fast from the rust I get from filling with well water at the beginning of the season.

I found the old post...its called " slime bag at 1/10th the price!" search for that thread

Ok. I looked up this post but I don't know what a polishing bag is and am not familiar with slime bags in the first place so I'm having trouble picturing what this is and how it works. I think you are exactly right. I think my problem is that I can't ever filter out the fine stuff. When we are in the pool,it gets stirred up making the water cloudy. Because in the morning when the pool has been empty for hours on end, the water looks very clear and there is always some sediment or whatever it is gathered in olaces on the bottom, especially around the seams. When I vacuum it stirs it ups some too and I think it's just getting redeposited every time. Please elaborate more on what these bags are and how you use them. Thank you!

I'll leave the slime bag to someone else, I don't have one.

The cartridge filters can let a lot of the extremely fine particulates pass through and back into your pool.
One trick I use is to wrap a filter in a couple layers of good quality paper towel, hold the ends on with rubber bands, and run it for a couple hours. A lot of the fine particulates will get trapped in the paper towels rather than passing through the filter and going back into the pool. It kinda wrecks the filter (collapses the pleats so water won't flow through it as readily) but that filter can still be rinsed and re-used for the same purpose. I have a designated "polishing" filter that I do this with. I just rinse the filter off and use it again the next time the super-fine particulates start to bug me. Last year 1 filter made it through the whole summer of doing paper towel holding duty every couple of days.

My routine is such that I usually pull the regular filter out, rinse it off and set it aside. Then I put the paper-towel wrapped one in and vacuum. When I do that with the regular filter in place, I can actually see the cloudy water re-entering the pool. With my redneck polishing filter, it retains most of the finer stuff. If I leave it in place for more than a couple hours, the paper towel starts to break down, so if the pool is really cloudy I might pull it out to change paper towels a couple times during the day. When I'm done, I swap the regular filter back in, toss the dirty paper towels, rinse the filter an set it aside until next time. It is a lot more work than having a high quality sand or DE filter, but it is also a lot cheaper than buying one of those.

image_zpsx20bek0c.jpeg

Here is a slime bag. It is attached to the return fitting, inside the pool.It filters the water a second time , after it comes out of the pools filter & before the water goes back into the pool. This is how I hook mine up.

You have a proseries pool. I don't know what your return looks like, how you could hook the bag to it, etc. so here is another way some hook up a slime bag.

Disconnect your return hose from the return fitting on the outside of your pool, attach the slime bag with a clamp, and hang it & the hose back over the wall of the pool . You would have to fasten it with a bungee cord or something to keep the hose from flopping back out.It is only used on occassion.

Once the water is clear, I take mine out ( carefully, so the stuff inside the bag doesn't fall back into the pool) turn it upside down on a piece of pvc I have standing up in an umbrella stand, and hose it clean with the garden hose.

The bag must be cleaned after use, or the dirt inside it hardens and makes it less effective next time you use it.
I have had my bag for 4 years and I love it.
The Slime bag is expensive, around $45, that is why I advised you to look at other 1 micron filtering bags that were tried out by others on this forum.
A polishing bag ( slime bag being a particular brand) is a 1 micron filtering bag that filters much smaller particles that your filter can't catch.

hope this helps.

I just read the above posters post with the paper towels. You might try that first, or even remove the cardridge filter and fill the filter container with paper towels (good ones like bounty) & see if they would pick up the smaller stuff!Then just put your filter back in after you are done.

I just found a post called, " trying out the slime bag" with pictures! search for that thread.
I still can't figure out how to link to other threads!

image_zpsetysyqp8.jpeg

HALLELUJAH!!!!!! The slime bag did the trick!!!! I cannot believe what a difference just 12 hours made!!!!! I've already had to clean it twice and my pool is crystal clear for the first time all summer!! Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.