SWCG on the Blink?

Jul 7, 2015
Edgewood, Texas
Every couple of days or so, my SWCG is indicating low salt then goes to sleep without finishing out the run time. I've thought all summer that it was not producing as much chlorine as it should. Instruction Manual recommends run time of 4 hours and an optimal salt level of 3,000 ppm. I've been running for 6 hours because of having to add bleach every 2 - 3 days. I have cleaned with vinegar per the instruction manual twice and hasn't seemed to make a difference.

Is there a way to know if it is the Copper Electrode is going bad (about $35.00 to replace) or if the Titanium Electrode is going bad (about $65.00 to replace, probably not worth replacing)? I can replace the whole unit for about $130.00.

At start up I added 160 lbs of salt (6/7/2016), per Instruction Manual then approximately an additional 20 lbs after loosing about 9 - 12 inches of water due to a cracked hose and low salt indicator was on (6/12/2016).

7/3/16 Test Results:
FC 6
CC 0
CH 50
TA 90
CYA 70
pH 7.5 or slightly less
Salt 4,600 (1st salt test with Taylor kit was on 6/29/16 4,000 - not sure why such a difference - last addition of salt mentioned above was on 6/12/616)

So is it time to replace the SWCG?

Thanks in advance!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.