Stopping Discharge from Perflex

dkiley

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Was getting discharge through the return. Granted it's been a very tough summer with surrounding trees and pollen.

Have a Hayward Perflex. Replaced a few cracked tubes earlier this year, plates look perfect, gasket aligns great, and I replaced o-rings twice. Closely inspected each time tube twice replaced two that were slightly frayed, but really looked fine, so why not? After 3 hours of Muriatic bathing and a good rinsing I reassembled and ran the pump.

My pool cleared up in 24 hours, crystal clear. Stopped pump for about 4 hours, turned back on and the yellow discharge came back through the return again upon the thrust of the initial pressure.

Any ideas? Is this normal? I'm five years I don't recall this happening.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I did't know if you resolved your issue yet, but figured I'd give your post a :bump:. After reading one of the Hayward troubleshooting guides HERE, it did mention the following:
- Opening or tear in one or more Flex-Tubes.
- Rip or hole in diaphragm gasket. Replace gasket.
- Worn or loose fitting diaphragm gasket (chemicals fed through suction lines may shorten life of this part.)
- Loose bolts on tube nest plates. Tighten bolts.

If this info doesn't help, hopefully more visibility of this thread will catch someone's eye who has personally experienced the same as you. Good luck!

Thank you. I just saw this. Discharge seems to be only on the initial thrust after the pump has stopped, then the seal seems to reset. I may gamble and get a a new diaphragm gasket, as there is no visible wear or tear. The other points were reviewed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.