PentAir Hassle Free Pool

Jul 11, 2013
Hi guys. I am new to the site and wanted to ask a question. My pool was built last year, and I had installed a Pentair system which I was told would be hassle free. It can be remotely controlled with the iphone via their screen logic app. If you look at the enclosed picture, it has some troublesome numbers on there such as water balance being corrosive.
How can I go about getting these numbers back where they should be?

My pool company has really dropped the ball. Thanks in advance.
George

I appreciate your help. That would indicate to me the pool is not truly hassle free.

Welcome :wave:

PBs will say anything to sell a pool. There is no such thing as a maintenance free pool; every pool, from the cheapo 10' soft-side inflatable pool up to the fabulous pools at Hearst Castle, require daily attention. A pool is an investment in both financial resources (hopefully it adds to your home's value) as well as physical resources. You, and only you, will ever care about your pool. Everyone else is just trying to make money off it.

That said, in order to care for your pool properly, you ABSOLUTELY need to test your water yourself and not rely on pool stores or pool builders or pool servicing companies. You must get a reliable and accurate test kit. We recommend two based on the Taylor Technologies testing reagents - the K-2006 by Taylor or the TF-100 by TFTestkits. Both are adequate for residential pool care.

As for your exact issue - I have no idea how the IChem system can call water balanced or corrosive without knowing the CH and TA of your water as well as CYA and salt levels. So the output of that screen is bogus as far as I'm concerned. We do not recommend these automated chlorine control systems because they are flaky and troublesome at best. They are really just glorified pool toys representing pool water analysis and dosing work a pool owner can easily do on their own.

If you get a test kit and learn to measure your water chemistry yourself (it's really very easy to do), then TFP can absolutely help you have a Trouble-Free pool...not maintenance free, not work free, not cost free, simply TROUBLE free.

Good luck.

Matt

Matt
I really appreciate the response. Of course, the pool was sold as maintenance free! I will get one of these test kits and perform the work myself.
Regarding the chemicals needed such as muriatic acid, is there a recommended place to purchase in order to save money?

Can you update your signature with all your pool specs as well as add your city/state to your profile? This helps us a lot with recommendations.

As for acid and chemicals, you'll find them locally. Acid can be found at any of the major hardware stores. I get mine from a local mom & pop pool store that sells it by the refillable gallon containers so it's super cheap. Depending on your system and pool setup, we can recommend other chemicals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.