New BBB Convert

bpope

Jul 4, 2016
Springfield, MO
Hello everyone,

New BBB convert here from Springfield, MO. I am so glad that I found this site as well as the TF-100 test kit. After owning a pool for my 5th year, my normal methodology of just dumping a ton of shock in the pool when opening, didn't quite pan out this year. I also was never fond of going to the pool store and having my water tested and I never really did as I knew they would try to sell me everything under the sun. If my water was clear, and it didn't burn my skin off or turn my hair green, I knew I was good to go!

Fast forward to this year, the initial shock didn't do anything for killing algae - so, I knew something was up. After doing a fair amount of reading, I decided I needed to finally learn how to properly test and maintain my pool. I ordered the TF-100 and have been enjoying testing the water and learning about everything along the way.

So, after a 3/4 drain of my water to get CYA around 45 (my CYA was off the charts) and nearly two weeks of SLAMing - I have crystal clear water and I have never felt the water to be this silky and soft. :goodjob:

Way to go Bpope! :goodjob: Welcome to the TFP way of pool care!

It really is a lot easier, isn't it? This way has the water looking better than ever, is more economical and admit it...kinda fun playing chemist, huh?