Solar covers are awesome.

Jul 2, 2014
Upstate NY
So I have been running my pump for a bit over 2 weeks now due to water being a bit hazy and not crystal clear. I decided to buy a solar cover and installed it yesterday. This morning l look under and the pool is crystal clear. I think the magic clearing fairy lives under there but she does not want to be seen when he is doing work. I don't get it. Everything was balanced before and it still is but the water would pick up a slight murkiness. So maybe for some people out there that did it all and still are not happy with the water, try a solar cover. I was always against them thinking that will increase my chemical demand due to water temp being higher. Not true at all.

I used up my Taylor and I have another K2006 coming in the mail sometime this week. All I am saying is that my numbers were right for 2 weeks now but I had slightly cloudy water. I slammed until I was losing only the correct amount of chlorine overnight and then stabilized my levels. It was not until I covered the pool that the next day the water was sparkling. Now it could have something to do with evaporation and also debris like bird pool or bugs not landing in the pool.

Oh I am sure it was just coincidence since I opened my pool in mid June due to having to go on vacation so it just needed lots of shock to keep it at shock level until I reached breakthrough and passed the oclt. Now it's crystal clear and all levels are good. But it did happen overnight with cover on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.