dumb question

May 23, 2016
spring hill fl
My chlorine levels are off the charts because I slammed the pool and was wondering how to check the chlorine since it is reading above 10? My water is cloudy atm but I think I am on the right track now due to gray sand looking debris at the bottom of my pool that I vacuumed out yesterday. I never got that before so I think I slammed it correctly this time. :) I also bought a proper test kit! Taylor Technologies K-2005 - DPD Complete Chlorine Kit that I can test for everything.

Unfortunately, the K-2005 doesn't have what you need to test FC over 10. You need the FAS-DPD portion as seen HERE. By adding the FAS-DPD to your current K-2005, you essentially turn that kit into a K-2006 which is one of the TFP recommended test kits.

Also, don't forget that SLaMming is not a one time thing. The M is for maintain. Once you get the FC to the proper level for your CYA, you need to test and redose as needed to keep it up there. You keep doing that until you pass the 3 tests.

mdsmitty,

What you are doing is tossing chlorine in the pool but you are not SLAMming. Your algae will come right back.

Your K-2005 kit needs the FAS/DPD chlorine test purchased seperately and then you will be able to SLAM properly. You can not do it with your current kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.