Starting over....

Jul 4, 2016
Pownal, Vermont
:handwave: Hi, I have a 24' above ground pool. 14,000 (and some) gals. Had one for about 5 years. Last year, disaster. Total collapse...., long story.
Now., New pool in place. Really want to "do it right" this time around.
Just filled with well water. Taylor test kit is on it's way.
Using a Haywood 1 hp pump. Have been, and am again, using 20'X2' passive soloar panels (2).
Very basic pool set up.
One question first and foremost is:
My pump runs normally at 20psi with panels in use, about 18psi with panels bypassed. I think when we had our first pool, (different 1 hp pump) it ran at 10psi, (with bypassed panels and about 13psi with panels in use). The pump motor is rated at 30 working psi max.
Is there anything I should be aware of or do?
Thanks,
Looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum :D

I got you covered!

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

For right now you need to play with Pool Math and find out how much CYA you need to add. You can buy it at Walmart. It may be called Stabilizer. Once you get it pour it into a sock (like you wear) and hang it in front of the return. You can and should squeeze it to help it dissolve. Once it is in the sock set your values in PM as if you have already reached your target.

Do you have one of the cheap test kits for PH and FC? You might want to pick one of them up so we can start adjusting that.

Add enough chlorine to keep your FC up. Look at the chart in the above link to know how much to add for you CYA target.

You are SO on the right track with getting the good test kit.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.