Pentair IC40 SWG average output/runtime

Jun 22, 2016
Williamstown, NJ
I have a Pentair IC40 SWG. My pool is 22000 gallons, cya level is 80, single speed pump runs 8 hours a day mostly during the time the sun is on the pool. Pool water temps have been 74-78. Ambient has been around 85 degrees. Water is balanced and all levels are good. Passes OCLT. No CC AND CRYTSAL CLEAR.

My question is what percent output have people been setting the SWG to with a similar setup to maintain 6-7 FC?

while not the IC40, mine is the curcupool SJ-45.. I run 12 hours a day at 75% and have 7 FC

pool 85/90 degrees
13000 gal
80 CYA

Mine has about 95% of the output of the IC40, and in the heat of summer, I run it 11 hours at 50% (12,000 gallon pool) and that is replacing a bit over 3 ppm FC per day.

To replace a typical loss averaging 2.5 ppm per day in a 22,000 gallon pool, the IC40 needs to run about 8 hours at 100%, or for example 11 hours at 70%, or 16 hours at 50% - whichever suits your filtration run time.

Every pool is different so you need to experiment. You'll have to just pick a percentage and then check everyday and adjust the percentage and/or hours the SWG is running as needed to provide the FC you need. There is no one size fits all for SWG adjustment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.