Caretaker leaking at valve

Did you thoroughly clean the mating surfaces - especially where the o-ring sits? How about the outside area where the band clamp sits and the band clamp itself? Did you lube the o-ring that seals the two pieces?

Put a little silicone spray or WD 40 on the threads and nut of the band clamp to make tightening a little easier. As you are tightening, lightly tap around the band clamp to help it seat better.

Did you tap the band clamp as you were tightening it? Does it have a nut on the clamp or a thumb screw to tighten by hand?

Did you tighten it as much as it was prior to disassembly? While my system is from a different manufacturer, I can clearly see how far it was previously tightened by looking at the threaded shaft of the band clamp.

It's probably not tightened enough. With the pump off, try going a quarter turn more. Turn the pump on and see if it stops or at least slows down.

Did you tap the band clamp as you were tightening it? Does it have a nut on the clamp or a thumb screw to tighten by hand?

Did you tighten it as much as it was prior to disassembly? While my system is from a different manufacturer, I can clearly see how far it was previously tightened by looking at the threaded shaft of the band clamp.

It's probably not tightened enough. With the pump off, try going a quarter turn more. Turn the pump on and see if it stops or at least slows down.

I tried this before you suggested it and wound up breaking the clamp, I have a new one coming and I will see if that helps. Thank You!

Oh no!

Last time I replaced the lid o-ring, I had a small leak. After messing with it for a couple days, I took it apart and found a small (and I mean very small) bit of dirt on the base where the band clamp sits. Cleaning that off fixed the issue.

Was the rebuild kit a generic one or one from the manufacturer? Not sure about the size of o--rings in that generic kit - but i bought a generic o-ring for a multiport valve and never could get it to seal correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.