Returns losing Flow on Filter/ Not on recirculate.

Jul 3, 2016
Ri
I have a Haywood s200t filter. It was fine last year. Open the pool up and start the pump motor blows up in less then a day. So I get a new motor and start it up. Then it starts losing flow on returns dumping back into pool. Back wash and it helps for a 1/2 hour then back to no flow. It's pumping in the pumps skinner. So then I try recirculate and it works fine no issues.

So I replace the sand in my filter cause it's been atleast 8 years and the sand was really good. But I replaced anyway with new. I'm at a total lose here. Can someone help

Water is cloudy green

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you btw for the welcome. Got a 4th party tomorrow and going crazy. If I leave it on just recirculate will it help the water turn blue mixing the chemicals I'm thinking. Or no I'm out of luck.

The only way to get the green out is to kill the algae and filter it out. Your filter is getting bogged down with all the algae in the water. I'm sorry but that won't happen overnight. You will need to complete the SLAM Process to clear your pool. You will also need an FAS/DPD test kit, such as the TF 100 in order to test the high levels of chlorine required to conduct a slam.

You are pretty much out of luck. Your filter is being clogged by algae. That is a chemistry problem rather than an filter problem and the chances of fixing in 24 hours is virtually nil.

If you are interested in clearing it after that, read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll get you started and we'll help you get your pool crystal clear but it will take a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.