So glad I ran across Trouble Free Pool.

Phid

Jun 25, 2016
Ipava, IL
I had bought a house that had an above ground pool that had sat uncovered and unused for 3 years. Had a pool place come to help me get it opened and the filter going. It has a bottom drain and piping underground. I knew nothing about any of it let alone how to get the filter going. Well they dumped 10 gallons of chlorine in it and got the filter going and left. I was so excited that it started looking a little blue and the filter worked. Well that was back May 31st and $266. It has been one big nightmare and a lot of money. I would take my water sample in and they never let me know anything about water alkalinity (which was off the wall) or cyanuric acid (which I had none). They just wanted to keep selling me gallons and gallons of chlorine which was $22.50 for 5 gallons. Also a $40 bottle of revive that did nothing either. So I have been reading on here and have been working on getting my alkalinity down. It was down to 225 this morning and I added another quart of Muriatic Acid. Have added some stabilizer several times. Thinking I still may end up needed more yet. I have learnt so much on here reading post including about different shocks affecting different things. Right now I am sooooo excited to say that I finally seen the design on the floor of the pool today and the bottom drain for the 1st time. ? So thank you sooo much for your sight. I have spent hours reading and learning on my own and staying away from the pool stores who were just using test strips also when I took a water sample in...