Emergency!! Everything ok yest today we have s murky lagoon

Confam

Jul 3, 2016
Cleburne
We have a 14,000 gallon salt water pool that is a little over a year old. We do care and maintenance ourselves. A couple of weeks ago our salt was reading higher than it actually was so we cleaned the salt cell in a very diluted acid/water bath and it seemed to be fine. Yesterday the chlorine level was reading a little low so I increased it from 85% to 90% because the salt was at 3400 where it is supposed to be. Our ph was a little high so we added the correct amount of acid. Today we got up and it looks murky, the chlorine level isn't registering on our jandy aquapure and it's saying the chlorine generating level is zero even though it's set at 90%. I did a home test on the water since no pool stores are open today and we have pretty much no chlorine and very LOW ph. We need help!!! Have ever had this happen before. Is our salt cell dead already??

We have a 14,000 gallon salt water pool that is a little over a year old. We do care and maintenance ourselves. A couple of weeks ago our salt was reading higher than it actually was so we cleaned the salt cell in a very diluted acid/water bath and it seemed to be fine. Yesterday the chlorine level was reading a little low so I increased it from 85% to 90% because the salt was at 3400 where it is supposed to be. Our ph was a little high so we added the correct amount of acid. Today we got up and it looks murky, the chlorine level isn't registering on our jandy aquapure and it's saying the chlorine generating level is zero even though it's set at 90%. I did a home test on the water since no pool stores are open today and we have pretty much no chlorine and very LOW ph. We need help!!! Have ever had this happen before. Is our salt cell dead already??

Welcome to TFP.

Take a deep breath. Everything will be ok. You don't list your state in your location so we don't know your climate......that would help.

how are you testing your water? You may find yourself needing to add liquid chlorine until you can diagnose SWG issues.

Can you give us more information?

How are you testing
Size of pool (add that to your signature) this link should help. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Got any plain old bleach in the laundry room? Even with a SWG you can always use plain liquid chlorine to boost your levels.

Also you *need* your own reliable test kit... who wants to be at the mercy of pool stores?! They're inaccurate most times, and ...uh.. closed just when you want them.

We need to know these levels:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Good read--> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.