bone headed mistake i guess.....

zoodog

May 26, 2009
i bought a 24 x 52 intex metal frame. i thought i was doing the right thing and trying to get the ground level my ex decided to till the ground and i suppose that was a mistake. we fill the pool with 15000 gal of h20 and got several days of rain and now several of the poles are sinking in the mud!!! any suggestions would be very much in order!!! we are currently draining it and trying to decide what the heck to do!!! :hammer:

Welcome to TFP!

The ideal thing to do is to wait for it to dry out, add a layer of crusher run (a mixture of gravel and stone dust), go over the site with a compactor, and then add a thin layer of sand.

However, various simpler things will probably work. The tiller added a lot of air into the soil, and you want to get as much of that air out of the soil as possible.

Once you go over it with a compactor it forms a very flat surface. A little bit of sand on top of that lets you smooth out the last of the small imperfections. If go this route it is a fair bit of work, but you end up with an excellent surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.