Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bone headed mistake i guess.....

1. Back To Top    #1

bone headed mistake i guess.....

i bought a 24 x 52 intex metal frame. i thought i was doing the right thing and trying to get the ground level my ex decided to till the ground and i suppose that was a mistake. we fill the pool with 15000 gal of h20 and got several days of rain and now several of the poles are sinking in the mud!!! any suggestions would be very much in order!!! we are currently draining it and trying to decide what the heck to do!!!
    ~David~
    Resilience SCC25 SWG, 14,585 gallons includes overflowing Jacuzzi, Rock Waterfall, Sand, IG, Pebble, Hayward Supra II 2 hp, Hayward S311SXV with 2" pipes (Sticker = GPM =99, user manual GPM = 80).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bone headed mistake i guess.....

Welcome to TFP!

The ideal thing to do is to wait for it to dry out, add a layer of crusher run (a mixture of gravel and stone dust), go over the site with a compactor, and then add a thin layer of sand.

However, various simpler things will probably work. The tiller added a lot of air into the soil, and you want to get as much of that air out of the soil as possible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the reply jason!! is there a chance tho of this crusher run poking thru the ground cloth and liner?
    ~David~
    Resilience SCC25 SWG, 14,585 gallons includes overflowing Jacuzzi, Rock Waterfall, Sand, IG, Pebble, Hayward Supra II 2 hp, Hayward S311SXV with 2" pipes (Sticker = GPM =99, user manual GPM = 80).

4. Back To Top    #4

Once you go over it with a compactor it forms a very flat surface. A little bit of sand on top of that lets you smooth out the last of the small imperfections. If go this route it is a fair bit of work, but you end up with an excellent surface.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks jason.....
    ~David~