Using 3" trichlor pucks in Liquidator

Safety aside, the liquidator is not an erosion feeder. The bottom of a liquidator, by design, has virtually no water movement. As such the trichlor will sit stagnant creating a very acidic stew of chlorinated water. Since the liquidator is designed to hold a high pH liquid it will likely be damaged by the acidic water.

Good question, bad idea.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Use the Liquidator with Aldi bleach. Save the pucks for later, they dont go bad. I started with CYA=250 and a bucket of pucks. Three years later I'm floating the pucks for days out of town or just to bring my CYA up!

I'd buy a bag of powdered stabilizer to raise the CYA and save the pucks for future. You can buy a chlorine puck floater for around $7. It just bobs around in the pool as the puck dissolves. It has a rotating thing so you can adjust how fast the water moves through it, kind of. They work adequately for an absence.
Heritage Floating Chlorine Dispenser - Walmart.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.