First Post

Jun 13, 2016
Coppell, TX
Hello everyone. Name here is Frank. Received my TF-100 and have been using for about a month now. I have a 28,000 gal pool and have been using the 3-inch tabs forever along with granulated tri-chlor shock forever. After receiving my test kit found out my CyA was off the chart at about 170. Emptied half the water and refilled and now this is what I have:

C: 5-10
PH: 7.5
FC: 6.5
CC: 0
TA: 70
CH: 275
CYA: 80

I have now been using the BBB method. I believe I have to bump up the FC to around 9.0 as my CyA is so high. I will be adding Baking Soda to raise TA but unsure about CH level and if I need to do anything. Plaster pool. No algae at this point. I have always had a problem with algae blooms. But now that I have started the BBB method the algae has been eliminated. Any suggestions??? Am I moving in the right direction?

Thank you very much for this forum and site as I have found it to be very helpful

Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank and welcome to TFP! :wave: As you know, keep the FC at that strong level to compensate for your elevated CYA (yes - around 9), but I would leave the TA alone for right now. Increasing TA might only give your pH reason to rise quicker. If the pH remains calm, leave the TA alone. :) CH and everything else looks good.