Tap Water test with my new TF-100

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
My new pool hopefully will be plastered and filled next week. 4 months & sadly missed the 4th of July.
Been reading everything on TFP and & posting mostly on my construction page. Thanks TFP and everyone especially KimKats that have followed my build.:)

Anyway it's time to get ready for Testing & Balancing as I received my TF-100 Test Kit and SpeedStir.

Practiced by testing the Tap Water and here are the results:

TC 1
PH 8.0
TA 170
CH 75

A month ago I had the tap water tested at a Pool Store:

TC .2
PH 8.0
TA 120
CH 125

The only result that matches is the PH so I'll disregard their other readings and stay away from the Pool Store.

The PH is high but manageable. But looks like the TA at 170 will always be a problem when adding water to pool.
Note that I have plenty of aeration available to work on this later.

CH is low but the new plaster should bring that up without adding anything.

Any thoughts & comments appreciated. I'll be posting my test readings after the startup by PB.

In defense of your remarks, I have been in similar situations, and sometimes you have no other options except wait until its a done deal. My first pool build took far longer than verbally estimated (no completion date was in contract), the PB can have every excuse in the world...you do your due diligence, you get an A+ for your research, you have done your part...but delays happen.

Those test results look very good. That, coupled with your comments, indicates a very good understanding of the TFP method. You are in for a Troublefeepool!

Since new pools seem to experience a fairly rapid pH rise, I would have some acid on hand to keep your pH in the 7's at all times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.